Sabbatical Renewal for the congregation:
During the course of this coming week please consider your Church Life
Achieving our new church mission statement – Cultivate space for people to experience the transforming love of Christ – will only be achieved if members of the congregation regularly and consistently participate in the life of the church. Hebrews 10: 24-25 encourages us – Let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another–and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
Here are some questions to guide you through this topic:
- How do you define participation in Church Life? Is your definition confined to Sunday worship or does it expand to daily life as well? Test yourself – do you have an appropriate understanding – does it include “spurring others on towards love and good deeds?”
- Do you regularly and actively participate in multiple aspects of the life of the church? Is church life participation given appropriate priority or does it get crowded out of your schedule in favor of other things? Can you look back and see that your participation in church life is consistent over time?
- Have you identified your spiritual gifts that you can and should use to edify the body of Christ here at Sully CRC?
- How might you encourage your healthy patterns to be stronger? How might you encourage others in their church life?
- Is there an area in church life that gives you great joy and energy? As well as what gives you disappointment and exhaustion? (Knowing these will help you know what energizes you, and what drains you, so you can get done what drains and focus on what energizes.)